Real 'agree Van Nistelrooy deal'
Real 'agree Van Nistelrooy deal'
Real Madrid say they have agreed to sign Manchester United striker Ruud van Nistelrooy on a three-year contract.
Madrid announced the deal in a statement on their website on Thursday, but gave no details of a fee.
United were believed to be demanding at least �15m for the 30-year-old, who had handed in a written transfer request.
In a statement, United said they had given Van Nistelrooy permission to travel to Spain for a medical, but said an agreement had not been finalised.
Real have said they will present Van Nistelrooy - who scored 150 goals for United - on Friday evening at 1800 BST after a medical in the morning.
Reports earlier on Thursday said Real would pay about �10.2m (15m Euros) for the Dutchman.
In their statement, Madrid said: 'Real Madrid announce they have an agreement with Manchester United for the transfer of the player Ruud van Nistelrooy. "
Real Madrid say they have agreed to sign Manchester United striker Ruud van Nistelrooy on a three-year contract.
Madrid announced the deal in a statement on their website on Thursday, but gave no details of a fee.
United were believed to be demanding at least �15m for the 30-year-old, who had handed in a written transfer request.
In a statement, United said they had given Van Nistelrooy permission to travel to Spain for a medical, but said an agreement had not been finalised.
Real have said they will present Van Nistelrooy - who scored 150 goals for United - on Friday evening at 1800 BST after a medical in the morning.
Reports earlier on Thursday said Real would pay about �10.2m (15m Euros) for the Dutchman.
In their statement, Madrid said: 'Real Madrid announce they have an agreement with Manchester United for the transfer of the player Ruud van Nistelrooy. "

